Saturday, July 5, 2008

Back from Vacation

In more ways than one, I'm back from vacation. I had a great trip out to Utah to visit the family. The kids had a great time and were very spoiled by the aunts and uncles. I wanted to blog about it, but Rob beat me to it.

It was a busy May with Beth finishing up school. In June we squeezed in a trip to the beach with the Caldwell side before we went out west. Now we are just getting through the summer. The kids have something to do every day of the week! It is wearing me out.

Recently I packed up most of the kids' toys. I was tired of the mess and the fights. I wanted to see what would happen, and wow! Less really is more. They are keeping their room clean, and the fights have virtually stopped. We are going to make the change permanent. Now what to do with what we are getting rid of ?

Well that's about it for now!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm a big fan of the less is more lifestyle. Wish my husband were on board with it. I didn't say that.

Cynthiana said...

I had a good friend who would pack away half of her kids' toys and rotate them every four months or so to prevent boredom.