Sunday, December 12, 2010

Catching Up--Big Time!

Wow! It's been a really, really long time since I've posted about the family. No excuses from me. But I'm going to try really, really hard to get back to posting once a week again. We'll see how it goes. The blog's been similar to my journal writing, really consistent for a bit, and then not so consistent for a long time.

Elisabeth is turning 9 this week. Blows me away to consider the fact that I've been a mom for that long, but that aside it's been a great nine years. She wanted and got a bike for her birthday. She also had a half slumber with ten girls over. There were some moments when I really wondered why we had invited all of them. Noisy, screaming, giggling girls. So far this year Beth has enjoyed school muchly. She's taking violin and her first concert is this week as well. I'm looking forward to it. She is growing up and can be quite helpful around the house when she wants to be. it's always a pleasant surprise to see what she has done next.

Caleb is adjusting to kindergarten. He's had his ups and downs friends wise with school, but I think he is making progress. Caleb has always been one to look out for other people's feelings and make sure that everyone else is happy and taken care of. He still does that. He'll make sure things are divided fairly or even give up some of his prize without me asking to make sure his brother and sister are happy. He's very energetic and loves to make people laugh. His biggest accomplishment off the week is armpit farting. He can go on with it for hours. This week we went to a work party with Rob, and he asked if he could do it there. (he really is proud of it) and I told him no. He asked me what if there was a grown up band of armpit farters. I said if you see such a thing you can join in. Today he was saying the opening prayer in primary and going along great, but then he suddenly said "blah, blah, blah" and then ended the prayer properly. I almost laughed out loud.

Jacob is doing good. He was pretty sick along with Rob for about two weeks, but he is over it now. Sadly his speech therapist moved on to a new position, and we will be getting a new one. This really made me sad. I don't know that Jacob quite realizes yet, but the last session the speech therapist and I were both in tears. She really helped Jacob move from not making any sounds to talking almost nonstop now. He's doing well overall, and lately I've got myself looking at him and thinking that my baby is just so big. He is missing having Caleb home with him, but preschool is helping with that, and his playdates with Miles. He is going to move up to Primary next month, and they had his class join sharing time today. Jacob sat so still with the biggest grin on his face. He was so proud of himself, and it was adorable.

Rob is recovering from pneumonia. It's been a very long three weeks, and I think he has at least another really tired one to go. But he did manage to kick his Dr. Pepper habit during that time. He told me that he hasn't had any caffeine at work or at home since. I didn't think it would actually happen. But he seems determined not to start back up since he got through the worst of it.

As for me, I'm still juggling everything that comes my way, and hopefully not dropping too many balls at once. I just telling myself that I've got the most important ones up in the air and everything else will work out. Take care!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Love the post. It does keep me up on what the kids are doing.

Julie said...

Ohhh so good to hear what's new! I think maybe you shoud have an arm-pit recital after the violin recital. ;) That's awesome.

Gail said...

So glad you are posting again. I've missed your blogs. Laughed out loud while reading about Caleb. He is such a delightful little boy and would love to have seen Jacob in Primary. Thanks for sharing.Looking forward to Miss Beth's concert.