Sunday, July 20, 2014

Summer's Half Way Over!

I am proud to announce that Beth gave her first talk in church today. For Beth this is huge. She is very shy, and wouldn't even go to the front of the chapel in December to graduate from Primary. And here she is getting up and giving a talk. I'm super, super proud, and she did a great job.

She's getting ready to head off to girls' camp this week. I can't believe how fast she has grown up. It is a little bit crazy to think about all that she 's accomplished in the last year. I know I'll miss her, but she's excited to get a break from her brothers. (I think they might feel the same way.)

Jacob has turned into a chatter. He'll come sit next to me while I'm working and chat, and chat and chat. I love it even though it drives me crazy. His vocabulary is great, and I love the way he talks like a little adult with actually, quite, nearly, and other words that are not common for second graders to use in their every day conversations. He always has the most interesting observations to share. He likes to compare and contrast and explain logical conclusions that he has come to.

Caleb is currently obsessed with the Destiny beta. He is playing nonstop and I think driving his cousins a bit crazy with requests to play with him online. He is so active that the last week has been driving me a bit bonkers since we didn't get to a pool or a park. he just needs a chance to let all of his energy go.

Rob is busy with work, and getting stuff done. He worked from home on Thursday and kept turning to me and asking why the kids were in the room wanting stuff. It's hard to work from home with the kids home.

Summer is slipping by so fast this year. I hope you can enjoy the rest of yours!

1 comment:

Gail said...

Enjoyed Miss Beth's talk today. She was so nervous and I was really proud of her. Our little granddaughters are growing up too fast. Enjoyed our visit and now our house is super quiet after being there with your little chatterers. ( is that a word?)