Friday, June 19, 2015

A Bit of My Testimony

The last few months I've been worrying about this and about that. General life worries, things that I felt like I didn't have much control over, or that I should have more control over. I have been praying for guidance, for peace about things and for the strength to get through. I woke up in the middle of the night (as I tend to do when I'm worried) and the words of a hymn popped in my mind. And I knew without a doubt that this was the Lord's way of whispering peace into my heart and mind. My favorite part of this experience is that the words were not a chorus or a first verse, but the third verse of How Firm a Foundation:

Fear not, I am with thee; oh, be not dismayed,
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid.
I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by my righteous, upheld by my righteous,
Upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand.

And I've had no troubles sleeping since that happened. I just felt like I needed to share with others and recognize God's love in my life, and that he does answer our prayers and watch out for us.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I LOVE this so much! You are amazing Miriam and I can't even tell you how much I needed to read this today. Not the first time you have been/ provided an answer to my prayers. Thank you my friend!