Wednesday, December 21, 2016

My Annual Christmas Post

It's been forever, and I don't know that I even got a Christmas post up last year. I wanted to update all my friends and family about us. This has been a year of ups and downs. Lots of blessings and peace to help us through. So here are the basics about each person.

Rob--He's still working at NCSSM. It keeps him busy with random stressful emails and work meetings at odd times of the day. He is still serving as 11-year-old scout master. He's had a calling in scouts as long as Beth has been alive, so we are looking at fifteen years. He loves board games and video games and just relaxing at home. His job lets him work from home once or twice a week, which is great. I love having that time with him.

Mim--I've had a busy year. I'm still freelancing from home. I work as a search engine evaluator, freelance writer for The Balance and I teach for the Pathways program through BYU-I. I love teaching there because I get to incorporate the gospel into my lessons and the program really is making a difference in people's lives. I'm currently serving as a temple coordinator for the ward. I am also juggling having three kids in three different schools. Not something I'm a huge fan of.

Elisabeth--Beth started high school this year. It's been a big year for her. She was diagnosed with a widening of the aortic root this year. It was stressful for her because she's old enough to worry about things. Fortunately, it is mild, and all it means is that she has to get checked each year so that they can do something if it starts to get worse. She just turned fifteen and finished driver's ed, and soon will have her permit (which I am totally not ready for).She's likely going to do Wintergaurd this year and she's making friends in high school. She also got braces this year.

Caleb--Caleb started middle school this year and has been a champ at the transition. He rarely fights us with his homework anymore and although he is super ready for the break, I'm really proud of him. He is playing drums in band and has made some great new friends in middle school. He is about to turn twelve and get the Priesthood so big transitions for him.

Jacob--Jacob is plugging along in fourth grade. He loves video games and wants to start a channel where he posts the games he plays with commentary. He also wants to design video games when he wakes up. He's discovered Anime (which we closely monitor). He is our board game champ, and often beats Rob in strategy games. (They are the ones that will play together the most.)

Charlie--We got Charlie last year for Christmas--which is a shocker since I swore we'd never have a dog. He loves to run around with me to pick up the kids and drop them off for school. Two nights ago, Rob woke up to find him at the computer madly typing away. The computer turned on, but Charlie couldn't figure out the password. We think he was looking for something on the desk, but it made Rob laugh.

I've felt incredibly blessed this year. I know that the Lord is watching out for our family, and I'm so grateful for the peace that brings into our lives. I hope you all have a great year!


11 comments:

Julie said...

Yay!!! I am so happy you blogged! Crazy to me that your youngest is about the same age as my oldest. Unreal that Rob has been in Scouts for 15 years. And you MUST post a better picture of yourself, I miss your smiling face. :)

hitaakademi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Yang Kuo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
hitaakademi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Crypto Phone Support said...

Do you want remedies and solutions related to the errors you face while using Binance exchange? It’s a high time, instead of worrying, you must reach the team of executives who are available over dialing Binance support number at 1-800-665-6722. With years of experience and infinite knowledge, the executives can resolve all kind of errors in minimal time with high-end perfection. The executives are present around the clock to assist the users.Visit website:-http://www.cryptophonesupport.com/exchange/binance

rimac57 said...

Nice information
just what i wanted
Recruitment News Portal
Find a Job in Your Country
Search Jobs
Recruitment Agencies
I Need Job
Job Website
Recruitment Portal

Star mhan said...

Past Questions Forum
Nigerian Police Force
Latest Past Questions
Civil Defence

Rose Smith said...

Check First Bank Recruitment Recritment Domain