Sunday, March 27, 2011

Streppin' It

So Beth has strep, and I'm pretty sure the boys do as well. I'm taking them in tomorrow to find out. And Rob will likely go in and get checked, and I need to as well. So that in and of itself sums up my week. Actually it hasn't been a bad week. Caleb's overtired and over wrought and he only gets that way when he has strep throat, but overall the kids have been pretty chipper.

We didn't have a grand exciting adventure to share since we were home sick, but I did visit Beth's orchestra class at school this week. I listened to a mini concert and then they made me play the violin. I could read the music, and attempt the fingering, but drawing the bow across the strings was not pleasant. Later that day Beth told Rob "Mom was awful" though she had been quite encouraging at school.

Beth is participating in a lemonade War at school. Each third grade class is operating a lemonade stand during lunch to raise money for cancer. The unit is based on a book about a girl named Alex who had cancer and had a lemonade stand to fight cancer. Beth's class has raised over $300 in a week, and it goes on for another week. The unit is great because it teaches about economics, price point, advertising/marketing as well as giving them the chance to help out a good cause. I'm very impressed with the teachers on this unit.

Rob wants to know what I'm writing about. He's on his iPad and very happy to be looking at it. he's tired and feels streppy, so the peace and quiet is a good thing.

Jacob and Caleb both had uneventful weeks, and sometimes those are just the type of weeks that you need to have.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Glad you took Beth inot the Dr. do take the boys in tomorrow. Actually Friday Caleb was very pleasant with me. He answered the phone talked to me about 20 minutes then he said "Nana I still want to talk to you but I am going to put you on speaker phone so I can help Beth bulid her cardborad box house". He really helped me to feel loved and improtant.

Gail said...

So sorry the kids have strep. Beth sounded pretty chipper Friday to be sick. Hope yall are all better soon. Really proud of Beth and her lemonade stand. That's wonderful! What great teachers to come up with these type of fun learning experiences.Love to all....have a great week!