Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Family Trip to the Mountains

I love nothing more than a trip to the North Carolina mountains. Things are just so much more peaceful there. I love the winding roads, the cool breeze, and all the mountain streams.

We recently drove up to Price Park with family for a simple picnic and to let the kids play in the creek. We saw a surprising number of water snakes, which the kids thought was thrilling (me, not so much). And the kids loved trying to catch little fish (which reminded them of the fish we have in our aquarium at home).

It was fun spending time with family. I was really glad my aunt Kay and Grandma could come with us.

My camera's battery ran out right as we pulled up to the Moses Cone Manor, near Boone, NC, so sadly, I missed videotaping lot of really pretty scenery. Hopefully, you'll enjoy what I was able to capture.

1 comment:

Gail said...

Loved the video Rob and loved our little mountain visit. So glad we live close enough for a day visit.Hopefully we can do it again before it gets cold.