Sunday, February 26, 2012

ho, hum

This last week really flew by. The kids were out of school for the first two days of the week. Teacher work days scheduled in for snow make up days. This year has been sadly bereft of snow, but we did manage to get some last weekend. It snowed here and in Hickory. We were in Hickory and the kids had a blast running around while it snowed on them and slinging snowballs at each other. Caleb built a snowman all by himself, but the snow wouldn't pack well and there wasn't much of it, so it was about a foot high.

Then by Wednesday is was in the 70s. The boys wore shorts to school, and I didn't feel like a bad mom sending them out the door in the morning either. overall the kids had a fairly good week. Beth had a sleepover, and didn't come too cranky the next day, which was definitely a bonus. Caleb and jacob stayed up late playing video games with Rob, which was great. i got to read an entire novel and not feel the least bit guilty.

We had a great stake conference. I was so edified and inspired by both of the sessions. It was something I really needed to hear. I'm blessed by all the people I have in my life. I have great friends, that I'm not so great at keeping in touch with. This isn't much of an update, and I need to add pictures or something, but I do want to start posting every week. I hope you all have a great week!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Glad you all had a good week