Sunday, March 4, 2012

Racing the Garbage Truck

This weekend we went down to Hickory for Rob's uncle's funeral. It was nice that Rob got to go and support his aunt and cousins during this difficult time. The kids had a nice trip down and got to play with their cousins for the day, while Rob went to the funeral.

It has been a pretty uneventful week overall. I do have one funny story that I have to share, which is really just humiliating to me. I generally take out the trash on Tuesdays, the night before pick up, but our Tuesday schedule was thrown off, and I didn't feel like doing it that night. I intended on doing it right after I got the kids on the bus.

So we are waiting at the bus stop and I notice that the garbage truck is down the road. But it takes a few minutes for it to sink in that I didn't take out the trash the night before. The bus shows up just as I realize that, I start running home, with Jacob. I've got him by one arm, and he is kind of bouncing a long next to me, and that blasted garbage truck somehow seems to be gaining on us.

So I'm gasping for air, and looking over my shoulder, and I realize I won't make it unless I pick him up and run. So I do that, and I ask him to tell me if it is getting closer, and closer. And it is.

It passes us just as we reach our house. Yes. We missed it, after all that running. Fortunately it was only the recycling truck, and I wouldn't have run for that since our recycling was only partially full and could wait for another pick up.

Here is to frantic running on Wednesday mornings.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I ran the garbge truck down when you were still at home of course our culdesac is very small compared to where the kids walk to the Bus stop LOL