Sunday, May 20, 2012

News

Okay this last week was one of big decisions for the Caldwells. Well really more for Rob. He received his formal job offer from the museum and decided to take it. he starts the first full week of June. I know that he is very sad to leave the school. He's got some awesome coworkers. They are great. And he is going to miss seeing them.

The museum schedule is a Tuesday through Saturday job, and so things are going to shift a bit schedule wise for us. Fortunately summer is nearly here, and that should give us some time to adjust and get back to normal. I think the kids will like having him at the museum, and we plan to pop in on him from time to time, once he is more settled in. The new wing of the museum is awesome, and if you live in the area you should definitely check it out.

I also decided to quit one of my jobs this week. I won't be tutoring anymomre. There were lots of things that went into this decision, but the biggest one  is that I haven't gotten any real writing on my novels done since I took the job. You get to the point where you need to decide where your priorities are, and what to do about it. Also with the kids schedule over the summer and Rob's schedule change, I don't think it was going to work out long-term. Plus rob kept telling me it didn't pay well enough for the inconvenience it caused. My other jobs are a lot more flexible about when I put in the hours.

The kids are doing well. This is Jacob's last week of preschool. Beth has her drumming concert, and Caleb is excited about field day at school. Beth doesn't like field day as much because it is so hot. Which is ironically my biggest memory of field day as a kid, how blasted hot it always was. Why can't they have field day in march or April?

Anyway that's it for this week. Hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

Gail said...

Sure hope Rob likes his new job.I know he gave it a lot of thought and prayers.Good luck on your writing Mim. We enjoyed having Rob and the kids here over the weekend.