Sunday, January 19, 2014

Jacob Is Seven! and Caleb Will Be Nine!

Today is Jacob's birthday! I can still remember the day he was born. He is my awesome little guy and so full of life and happiness. He's the one that has taught me about overcoming difficulties through hard work at a very young age. He is also my happiest and most easy going guy. I can't believe how fast he is growing up.

In addition to the trip to Great Wolf Lodge, he got a bike for his birthday. He also got chocolate cupcakes for his treat.

Caleb's birthday is on Friday. He will be nine, and he is another awesome guy. He is someone that is always aware of others and how they are feeling. He doesn't like injustice, and he is very sensitive. He is also very compassionate and will got out of his way to protect someone and to make him feel better.
Caleb decided on a new bike too. I haven't found out what type of cake he wants yet, but I know I will hear something soon.

Overall, the week was pretty quite. The end of the quarter for the kids, and we have two days off of school this next week. Beth and I were both chanting to ourselves Four days! Four Days! Four Days! all week last week. Four days of not getting up at 6:00 is a good thing. It's exhausting. I don't know what we are going to do when early morning seminary rolls around. Truly. I don't think it's healthy to have the kids up that early. If the kids weren't aiming for BYU, I don't know that we'd even do it.  But I  didn't have that great of an experience with seminary when and I went, and I know that Rob was hit and miss with it too.

This next week is the Pinewood Derby, and Rob is frantically trying to set up track and get everything done. Hope you guys have a great week!


1 comment:

Julie said...

Happy birthday to your boys! Sounds like you guys are doing awesome... and maybe they will LOVE seminary. It's possible, right!