Monday, February 24, 2014

No missed school!

We had a full week of school! Rob was home on Monday--working from home, and on Tuesday I must confess I wandered around a bit feeling a little bit lost. But I got a lot more done this week, and the kids seemed to have an overall good week at school. And somehow the school district worked it out  so the kids still get a whole week off for Spring Break, and Memorial Day.

So far our study hall has been working. I think the kids like the break between school and homework, and they are working through their homework fairly quickly. Even Caleb (my toughest homework kid) is doing a good job with it.

I am hoping spring is here to stay. I am tired of the really cold winter we've had here, and it's nothing compared to the rest of the United States. I think the kids are getting andy and want to get out and do more too. Hopefully, we will do some Saturday trips soon. It's been a while since we've been to the beach or to the zoo.

The boys are doing well overall.It's all about Minecraft, YouTube and mods these days. We work out a balance of work and play and overall I think there are worse things they could be doing with their time. Now that the weather is warming up and its staying light longer, I know that they'll love to go out and spend some time on their bikes.

Beth is doing well and adjusting to young women's. Although she does complain when I assign her reading homework for her class. She is pulling good grades and juggling her friends and family. She is very, very 12 though. Dramatic, self involved and always thinks she is right. But she is also caring and loving and goes out of her way to help others.

Have a great week!






No comments: