Sunday, February 2, 2014

Six Saturdays in a Row

Last week I posted about how we might just get some snow. The great news is that it came.  The kids had school canceled on Tuesday and they haven't been back yet. It started snowing late Tuesday and so Wednesday was a day full of sledding and going out and coming in and a ton dirty wet socks and pants that needed to be washed and cared for.

It was awesome to finally get to see my kids go sledding for real. They were so focused on that they didn't build a snowman (plus they did that a week ago in the half inch of snow we got) or get into a snowball fight. Wednesday was fun and awesome. Thursday we headed to a nearby park with some great hills and the kids went sledding again. It started to warm up a bit on Thursday and things started to melt, so on Friday there really wasn't any snow to play in. But still no school. It was like the kids got an official winter break, even though it was unscheduled.

I think nearly everyone is dreading heading back to school this week. Every day should be a snow day. Since it is Ground Hog's Day, and it has been predicted that we have six more weeks of winter. So maybe we'll have another snow day this year. When I told Caleb he scoffed at me, and told me I was silly for thinking about it. But it's what makes life fun, right?

I just got called to be the Beehive Advisor. It should be fun to work with Beth. I really like everyone I'm going to be serving with and it is going to be fun. So far Beth is cool with it, excited even, but I keep waiting for the moment that I'm no longer cool to be around. (I hope it doesn't happen, but I was a fickle teenager, very fickle.)

The kids had a great relaxing week at home. Rob even stayed home on Wednesday, and he made pancakes. They were great. It's been a good week overall, really focused on family without the stress of homework or other silliness!

Have a great one!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I think you are still cool to hang out with. :)