Sunday, October 19, 2008

No Pictures Again!

Well Rob got home from the hike, but I discovered that he left the camera at a friends house. He hasn't retrieved it yet, so that means no pictures. Oh well. I'll get them up next week, hopefully.

We had a fairly low key week. Nothing much happened. Beth did her Sacrament meeting program. Grandma and Pap came out for a visit. It was a nice time. We also went and ate lunch with her on Friday. Exciting stuff! Her teacher seems very nice, and we will have a parent teacher meeting soon.

Caleb had an okay week. Joyschool was cancelled on Tuesday for the third time in a row, and it was field trip on Thursday, which he had fun at. So we will see how this week goes. Hopefully it won't be negative. He also had a play date with James that went quite well.

Jacob has been sleepy all week. No fever (Mom Disclaimer --that I've noticed--I mean he may have like a 99 degree one, but nothing that I'd pull out a thermometer for), no runny nose, no upset stomach, eating fine, but he's fallen asleep at the park, during nursery, and various other random times. He's wanted to be held more, and has a tendency to melt down more quickly. Today he went to sleep at five after sleeping for more than an hour in nursery. He's still sound asleep. I wonder if he will get up really early tomorrow? Eek!

Rob has been a little stressed. He's trying to get his project done, and he took all week to recover from the hike. He hurt his knee, and has been limping around all week. A little more sporadically towards the end. I think it was getting better, then he'd overdo, and twist it again, and then limping--you know the drill. I just asked --is your knee getting better. His response--yeah, uh it still hurts, but . . .

I had an interesting week this last week. I've managed to land two new writing jobs--I'm absolutely crazy for taking them on. Truly, but it should help us out financially. I also attended an online writer's conference which was simply amazingly awesome. Two of the workshops helped so much, and the rest gave me lots of important information. So yea! It was a lot of fun, but now I'm going to start really getting down to business and finishing my novel.  I want it done by the end of November (first draft)

Have a great week!


3 comments:

Taliatha said...

Wow, Mim, you're really getting serious about writing. What are these new jobs like? Will they require you to stay up until 4 in the morning ;) ? I'm excited for you.

Wow, what is up with Jacob? What strange sleeping patterns. I hope he is well.

Unknown said...

Poor Rob, I hope he is done limping by now! Greg burned a disk of camping pictures for Rob so he'll have to swing them by. The pictures are so fun!

How come I didn't know you were writing a novel?! (probably because I just now remembered to put a link to your newer blog on ours. oops! ;) But, how cool! I wanna read it!!

You guys should swing by on Halloween if it's not too busy for you. I think you guys would get a kick out of Greg's latest creation. :)

Anonymous said...

Mim,
I love your blog you didn't tell me about your new writing job. Wow you are that far done with your novel. How is Jacob? Love,
Mom