Sunday, October 12, 2008

Wow! A Whole Month.

I can't believe it is has been a whole month since I posted. Things have been super busy. I guess we can catch up as we go. Also I was going to post pictures, but Rob has the camera, so check in next week for all the pictures I've taken, but not posted yet.

We'll start with Beth. She is loving school. She enjoys reading on her own now---not chapter books yet, but that will come. Additionally she is just having fun at school. Beth loves the ballet class. She really loves it, and the teacher is very nice. She lost a front top tooth. And was visited by the tooth fairy. She wonders why some friends get a lot more money (like $10.00 to the five she got last time (I think five is too much, but I don't negotiate with the tooth fairy)). This new development needs to be addressed. She also has a list of people who know about her tooth, and those who don't. She keeps wanting to write Jane a letter about it.

Caleb is having fun. He liked basketball, but now is doing soccer. He loves that. (The classes are three weeks long and very laid back). Joyschool isn't going so well. I'm worried about finding the right balance for him. He gets bored, when we don't have a lot of structured activities, but he hates going to Joyschool--tears every day no matter if it is here or not. I don't know what to do. 

Jacob is a lot more vocal now. He is super sweet and gives the best hugs. He will talk and sign to let me know what he wants. He is also getting tough. He can push Caleb around to get him to go where he wants him to. (I don't think Caleb is fighting back very hard--he's a good big brother.) He still loves to sit and read books.

I've had a great month. Rob took all the kids a few weekends ago, and I had the weekend to myself. It was heavenly. I got a lot of work done, plus I spent a lot of time reading. Then I went to Utah to Suzanne's wedding. I took Jacob, and it was great to see Amanda and all of my family. I also went to my first writer's group meeting, which went well. I am really excited about the book I am working on. I've got a writing workshop coming up this week.

Rob is away on a hike. Every year he and some friends go and do about twenty miles on the Applachian Trail. That is so not my thing. He's headed back after three days, but his return has been slowed by a quick trip to the emergency room. (Don't worry, not for him--but he's still stuck there.) The person, who shall remain nameless, should be fine after being seen. 

On a side note I took all three kids to church today and find out that the Primary program is next week. See we haven't been at church exactly. The last time the whole family went was the first weekend in September. The second week Rob helped a nonmember friend move--and Beth ended up with a stomach bug so we didn't go. The third week the kids were in Hickory with Rob, and I went by myself. The fourth week Jacob and I went in Utah, and Rob and Beth and Caleb went in Hickory. Last week was General Conference. This leaves us at the point with a surprise Sacrament Meeting program which Beth hasn't practiced for. Oh well.

See ya next week!

3 comments:

Taliatha said...

I'm glad Beth is enjoying school so much--the ballet class sounds fun. You can tell her (or maybe better not) that Jane only gets fifty cents or a dollar from the tooth fairy--I can't remember.
Poor Caleb, why does he hate Joy School? There has to be a reason. Does he not get along with the children?
Tonight we got an anonymous treat left on our doorstep from a "secret ghost" and Paul thought maybe Caleb and Beth left it. They'd have to have traveled pretty far...

Unknown said...

$5!!
I thought a dollar would be generous.

Cynthiana said...

The toothfairy only gives $1 per tooth. She does give $2 however when you knock your own tooth out. I'm not sure it's worth doing that twice. I'll be happy to see your whole family all together again.