Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Endocrinologist

So today was Jacob's visit to the endo. It went well. I liked her. She talked about all the same things that Caleb's gastro talked about, but she ran the test that we wanted her to--the growth hormone factoring test. Yeah! Turns out that Jacob's iron is pretty low, so we'll work on getting that up and see if he gets more energetic. Then if the the three other tests she runs come back normal we'll see her in March. Whew! She said that most of Jacob's tests (except iron) look normal and healthy. I'm really wondering what that growth hormone test is going to say. Really, really, really. 

Thanksgiving was fun. Beth had fun hanging out with Chloe. They went skating and Beth stayed at her house more than at Grandma's. Caleb was sick most of the time, but it didn't stop him from having fun. Pap built a big fire and he just ate it up. Thanksgiving was relaxing. Gerry did most of the cooking and he did a great job. The cousins all made slime together. It was gross to look at, but cool when it was done. These activities were all accomplished camera-less. I didn't take my camera, because Rob took his, but he didn't get it out. I snuck his out for one picture of the kids peeling apples, but Rob found out and yelled at me. (I knew he would) and now I can't get the picture off the camera or I will face his wrath!

The drive home from Thanksgiving was not so great. We left earlier than normal and it took five hours to get home. It was stop and go so much of the way, and I started to worry because the car was making a funny whining noise. But it turns out that it was the feedback from the radio and iPod connection thing. Whew! I was really getting worried. I like my van. It makes me happy.

A funny little story about Caleb. He's still doing his sports classes, and it switched again to basketball this week. Now a little background--the classes are at 4:30 which is a cranky time for Caleb. So much so that we aren't going to continue. He won't do the tape of warm ups with the group--he doesn't like to run because it makes me tired, and so on. Well today he lined up to run and the instructor always has them say what fast thing they are going to be and he said a snail! She laughed (this was prompted by Rob in an attempt to get him to run). After that they got out the basketballs. Normally he's pretty good handling the ball, not today. And every time he dropped the ball and it rolled away he would go and get it by lying down and rolling to it. I wish I had the camera. It was so funny! (Rob used this moment to advocate for the flip camera that he wants-but also denies wanting--but secretly he is working his devious plan of brain washing me into it--I know what you are up to Rob!) We ended up leaving early because Caleb just decided he was done. It was that type of a day.

My parents come in this week, and we should have lots of fun stuff with them. I will have my camera so expect pictures this next week!

5 comments:

Rob said...

For the record I wasn't fussing about you using "my" camera (it can be called the "family" camera if you like). I was just stressed that the case got moved to a place where the kids could step on it.

I'm not as bad as some of these blog posts make me out to be ... really, dear reader, I promise :-)

Unknown said...

Wish you had had the camera for the rolling on the gym floor to get the basketball too! Hilarious. Parker has had low iron before and the pediatrician gave us some iron drops to try (I think the brand name was MyKids, you can also order them online) that actually tasted amazingly good and they are mixed in with vitamin C to help the body absorb the iron. We kept him on those once a day for a month and I did notice him perking up a bit. We hope the rest of the tests come back well! Have fun with your Family Mim!!

Rob said...

What do you mean, I'm trying to brainwash you into getting a camera? (A very handy, easily pocketable, inexpensive HD camcorder the whole family can use and enjoy). That's
FLIP
ing nonsense.

Anonymous said...

So good to read about your family! I LOVE the pictures posted in November....such cute kids! Glad I have a way to see what's going on with everyone. :)

Mim said...

hey Beth! It's good to hear from you!