Sunday, December 14, 2008

Updates!

It's been busy since Thanksgiving. The visit from my folks went well. The kids had fun and there are a few pictures at the bottom if you want to check them out. It was nice to see everyone and I thought Matt did really well with the kids this time. 

But while my folks were here Caleb got strep (the first time the kids have gotten it). Rob's had it since we've had kids four times--and I haven't tested positive since I got my tonsils out in fifth grade. I had high hopes that my kids would get my immunity but alas it is not so. (And because I said I was immune I will now get strep five times this next year.) Caleb's feeling much better now.

Beth turned seven today! She's doing great and she had a fun party yesterday. Today she said she wanted to move to be where Jesus was going to come back--and I asked where that was and she said Kansas. So I think she is missing Jane a bit. This conversation then went to Caleb saying he missed Paul, and me saying I missed Taliatha. Jacob was asleep or he would have said he misses Mallory!

Funny thing happened yesterday. I'm going to write the conversation word for word.

Beth: Mom, how does a farmer move his cows?

Me: I don't know.

Beth: In a Moooving Van

Me: Laughs appreciatively.

Caleb: Mom, how does a farmer move his pigs?

Me: How?

Caleb: In a Mooving Oink!

Me: Laughing a bit harder for sheer creativity --Good one Caleb!

Jacob: mala mooo malaa


So I cracked up. Jacob got that they were making jokes and he caught that the moo was essential and joined in. I couldn't be more proud. He also had his first two word sentence bye bye wa-er.  He's making progress slow and steady.  His tests came back normal but his growth hormone was the lowest that it can be and still be considered normal. The range is like 30-80 and he had a 30. Caleb's range was always that as well. We go back in a few months. We got him to take the vitamins. I let him pick it out of the bottle, and then cut it in half for him and then he eats it. I'm relieved this works, because he so stubborn and it is impossible to get him to take medicine without pinning him down.

Rob got a Flip camera for Christmas--yeah I know it's not Christmas yet. And he's been doing short videos. I'll post an update with a link when he gets them up. He's frustrated with software right now and lamenting the fact that nothing is as good as Final Cut Pro, but he doesn't want to use that on these short videos--he wants a good down and dirty editing program. iMovie doesn't cut it and the software that came with the Flip certainly doesn't either. 

I've been toying with the idea of making this blog private. It may be awhile before I do this, so I will post before I do to collect your email and add it to my approved list. The thing is that I can only let 100 addresses in that way. And I know I don't have that many readers. Also I like friends to be able to find me, but I worry about other people finding it to. What do you think I should do?

PS I posted pics below. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Rich said...

I don't know... we've kept our blog public, but not searchable and that has worked pretty well for us. Nothing creepy going on that we have seen, and we have never had any weird comments either.

I do run google analytics on the site and we can see where visitors are coming from etc., which is helpful if something were to happen.

Aydan had a lot of fun at the party. Nice magic tricks Rob!!

Unknown said...

Love the jokes and the pics of the kids in the sunday clothes - too cute!

We run google analytics too.