Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bowling, and Other Craziness

So I'll direct you over to my embarrassing moment of the week post on my other blog. I'd post pictures of my scrapes, but that would just be gross. Maybe if you see me you can ask to see the general nastiness that is currently my knee. Enough about me, that's not why you read, and I know it.

Okay briefly this week was playgroup, playdate, speech therapy/library for Beth, Visiting teaching (not fun for the kids) and bowling. Yes, we took all three kids bowling. It was interesting. Beth did an amazing job of somehow really swinging the ball down the lanes. The boys used this weird rack thing to roll the ball and both scored higher than Beth (which made her sad, but I'm super proud of her).

Rob won--he had like a 96. I was not far behind--I think, I honestly forget. Rob got lucky and did a spare, then a strike, and then an eight. Otherwise I would have won. I was ahead of him until like turn or round eight. Enough about us. We forgot the camera. So no pics.

The boys were about done when we got to round six. They were more interested in the arcade. Plus I think they realized Mom and Dad weren't that great when super bowlers showed up and starting bowling next to us. They just kept getting strike after strike. Suddenly Mom and Dad weren't quite so cool anymore.

(Actually I though Super Bowlers were kind of sweet. They were understanding of the kids and it was a Mom and her teenage (like high school) son. They joked and laughed together and were really really good--they probably compete. It was nice to see some family bonding.)

We had the Holmes spend the afternoon with us again on Sunday. Our whole family misses them. But they are happy and having fun in Kansas, which we are so glad that they are happy.

On a small side note, Rob and I will be celebrating our tenth wedding anniversary on Tuesday. Wowza! The time sure has flown by. I love you Rob!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy 10th Anniversary guys! Needs some sitters? We still owe ya and would be happy to!!