Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Fourth of July

Well, I know I'm a day late, but we were out of town. I must say that I'm proud of myself because I didn't take my work with me. Rob would be the first to admit that it rarely happens. But on to bigger and better things!

this weekend we went down to visit Rob's folks and to drop off Beth and Caleb for some Grandma and Pap time. The kids had a lot of fun this weekend between swimming, fireworks and four wheeling (not really it's a little kid one).They also loved picking things out of the garden.

The fireworks show we went to was amazing. Then the cops showed up. After they left it went on to be amazing. Just a little tense in the middle. One stray firework did blow up in the street. i was glad that we hadn't chosen a front row seat, but it brought back memories of the circle fireworks show. Aww memories.

We also hit the annual ward pancake breakfast complete with flag raising ceremony. As always it was fun, sticky and slightly off tune. (Well at least I was.)

Jacob is home with us, but wishes he was at Grandma's too. I don't know how we are going to handle just one little guy with us for today.

Happy Fourth! Be grateful for the liberties we have and the sacrifices of previous generations. May we all work to preserve our freedom and honor their memories!

No comments: