Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Where's My Update?

This last weekend was not a ton of fun. It was General Conference, which of course I love. But Rob was sick, so we didn't even attempt to do anything fun this week, and somehow managed not to destroy the house very much. (Jacob is waging a war with markers on the wall, and nothing is getting it off, not even bleach! Any advice would make me happy--I've tried Magic Erasers--I think the Magic in Magic Markers is stronger than the Magic in Magic Erasers.)

This morning I was handed a Christmas list by Beth. What a list--Cell phone, I Pod and a snake. Plus a dog. So those four are out the window. But Beth still has hope, because she is sending the list to Santa who doesn't always listen to Mom (according to her). She did ask for an Easy Bake Oven or a Cupcake Maker thing. Interesting. Tangent, but I've never understood the appeal of an Easy Bake oven. The mixes were nasty, and it was always much more fun to make lots of goodies and mess in the real kitchen. So I'm leaning more towards buying her own bakeware set. (I can just her the But Mom! now).

Caleb and Jacob were at war yesterday. (Jacob was particularly cranky) Every time I'd distract one of them with a toy the other would immediately want that one instead. And man can they get at each other. Jacob is finally starting to hold his own, but that mean the fights are escalating. I need to find some constructive ways to channel that energy, I'm telling you!

Otherwise the boys are happy. Caleb got to sit in a Police Car today, with the lights on and everything. First thing he told me when I picked him up from preschool. Jacob keeps giving me hugs and saying "I'm Happy Now." Melts my heart a little bit. Well more than a little.

Anyway that's the update for the week. (And I do not approve of the M game that Caleb played with Rob sans blood and swearing. And I don't turn the games on when Rob isn't home. I believe in moderation, especially of video games.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to tell you that my sisters and I LOVED our easy bake oven (we had to share) when we were younger. I thought the cake mixes were delicious, but I think I thought any dessert was delicious. lol. The only bad things is you have to keep buying their mixes and sometimes they didn't get done all the way. Maybe she will go for the bake set - lol. Maybe you could spice it up with some delicious looking mixes.

Ahhh, good luck with the fighting. I have a cupboard full of stuff that I go to on such occasions. Paint, playdough, coloring books, pipe cleaners, glue to keep 'em separated....for a few minutes anyway until I can come up with something else.

We had some marker incidents too....unfortunately the only thing that worked for us was paint. lol - sorry.

Gail said...

Chloe got the Easy Bake oven for her birthday and was really disappointed. The cakes turn out like cookies. I don't think they are as good as they used to be. Beth can play with Chloe's when they are here and get it out of her system. (hopefully)
Sorry the boys are at it. They are usually so loving toward each other. Maybe it will pass since Jacob was having a bad day.Some days are just harder than others,huh?

Julie said...

Tooth paste was used by Kay Rassmusen family when you were little and she said it worked for markers.
I know a bake set I can get Beth or order for Santa to give to her.
You may need to get 2 of everything for the boys. Jacob really wants to be and do just what his brother is doing and honestly I think he can in most ways. I just think you need to have 2 of all the boys toys for awhile. except for stuff animals because that is Jacob's thing