Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bloggery Things

Conversation with Caleb this week:

Me: Caleb you have a birthday party this Saturday.

Caleb: Really does that mean I'm six already?

(His birthday was less than a month ago-so yeah)

There was something else this morning that was super funny, but I can't remember if it was Jacob or Caleb who said it or what it was, but if I remember I'll share.

The move is going well. We made four trips to the dump today. Wow! Plus we've filled up two big garbage cans--the kinds the machines lift up and we are working on a third. Pretty much all we have left at the old place is stuff I need to run and donate. And we are Craigslisting some of the baby stuff. I hope I don't jinx myself. It is so freeing to have all of that stuff just be gone out of our lives.

The kids love the new place. They are very happy here. We did have a marker on the wall incident unfortunately. And then we found paint in the storage shed that we though matched, but it was semi-gloss instead of flat. And now we have shiny patches all over the place, because Rob went a little slap happy with the touch ups.

Beth is lost without a good book to read. Any suggestions would be swell. She adored the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series--read the whole thing in about a month. I'm impressed with her that's a book a week.

Caleb is being Caleb. Tonight he informed me that he doesn't actually sleep at night--he stays awake because that's what werewolves do and he's a werewolf--since they have sharp teeth and he does too. (My son goes from wizard to vampire to werewolf to ghost hunter--I wonder what his parents are interested in?)

Jacob is so funny. His s's are sounding lots better and I think he is making so much progress on his speech. He took a nasty fall this week into the corner and half of his forehead is black/gray bruised, plus he has a cut thing going down the center. We walked to story time this week, and Jacob absolutely adored it. I think we will be taking lots of walks once Caleb starts kindergarten next year!

Gail and Eldon came to watch the kids so we could really get stuff done this week and it made a huge different. Plus Eldon helped put some new stuff together. Thanks you guy! The kids had a lot of fun.

Take care everyone have a great week!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I'm so glad the move is going well! Secretly, I love the part of moving that involves purging stuff-- it is so freeing to say, "I don't need this. Goodbye."
:)

Gail said...

We loved our visit with the little ones....me more than Eldon since we got to go to the park while he stayed home and put stuff together. But he's good at that and I'm better at the park :)
I think yall made a good choice with the new apt.and will be happy when all the moving is done so you can enjoy it.
The kids are so funny and unique.Caleb is oh so serious about all of his adventures. Reminds me of someone when he was "about 4".

Julie said...

Glad the move went so good. Has Beth tried Romona she may like it. Love you all,
Nana

Taliatha said...

Mim, where do you live now? You'll have to email me with the details. I'd love to see pictures of your new place. Are you still in the Cary 2nd ward?

Jane loved the Series of Unfortunate Events books. Have you read those? They are a hoot! She also loves all the Oz books--appropriate since we are in Kansas.