Sunday, March 7, 2010

Fun for the Weekend!

We had a fun filled weekend. Rob and Ifelt like the kids had earned something extra fun, since they put up with us moving for an entire month. Rob wanted to go to the beach, and I wanted to go to the zoo, but we ended up at the science museum instead. it's what the kids chose--go figure. It ended up being really nice out so we did the whole loop and visited the bears, wolves and lemurs. Plus we hit the wind exhibit and the kids had a blast sailing the boats around the little pond. My favorite part was the fact that all the water exhibits were closed due to the recent stretch of cold weather. We even went to the butterfly house. The museum was the most crowded that I'd ever seen it, but it didn't feel that bad wandering around.

Then we came home and I took Beth to her school's skating night. I didn't end up skating because I forgot socks, and who in their right mind wouldn't wear socks at a skating rink? But I did watch and think. First I thought about the few times I went skating in elementary school--I think I was over it by middle school. Hmm, and then all the stories about what "happened" at skating rinks--certainly never happened to me or my friends. And then I started thinking about college. I think I went skating in college almost as much as when I was a little kid. That's thanks to my best friend Suzanne who adored skating and she would orchestrate at least one group skate a year. So yeah--skating. The sweetest thing I saw was a couple (I could tell that they were married because of the panicked looks they kept sending each other) and their two little kids out on the rink. It was painfully obvious that the adults had never been skating before. The mom held tight to the rink wall the entire night, and the dad kept losing his balance, and they were skating so slow--but the point is that they were out there with their kids giving them the experience. It was awesome!

Then we got back and Rob had made some homemade ice cream! Yum! Yum! Yum!

today the kids went on a major throw things around the house rampage, and you couldn't see their bedroom floors or the floor in the hallway. I'm telling you this has to stop. But Caleb has made his bed every day for the last little bit--so you gotta take stock in the small things!

Funny story--this conversation occurred several times

Caleb-- Mom can you take me to the robber?

Me -- Where?

Caleb-- The robber--where they give me suckers

Me -- The robber?

Caleb--you know where they cut my hair

Me--Oh the barber

Caleb--Yes, please.

Needles to say all three got haircuts on Friday. Beth's hair is now at her chin--she looks adorable. Jacob's is super short, because she cut to fix the haircut Caleb gave him, and it makes him looks so young. Caleb looks cute and he's glad his hair isn't in his eyes anymore. The stylist told me she'd never seen three kids behave so well at the hair shop. I said thanks--but I was thinking that's the only place I'd ever get that comment.

But actually I got it again at church today--granted jacob slept through Sacrament meeting, but the other two did really well, and we didn't bring anything for them to do or eat. So i was pleased.

Well that's about it! have a great week!

2 comments:

Julie said...

What a fun weekend. So the robber cust hair and gives kids sucker. Tell Caleb I look for that robber so he can send Caleb and the rest suckers. Send pictures of theri haircuts. I love Beth's hair at the length she has it. Love, Nana

Julie said...

Awesome. I haven't been rollerskating since freshman year. LOL I'm sure in a few years Charlotte will drag me back to a rink though. ;)