Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring Break!

We have a whole week stretching out in front of us, and it should be a fun one. No school, no activities, nothing planned. The kids are at grandma's for a few days stay. So I'm going to have a whole day just to myself with Rob home in the evenings. Oh what bliss!

I've been trying to think of what has happened this last week, and I distinctly remember thinking of things to put on, but now I can't remember.

Caleb had fun this weekend playing with a big glider plane at Pap's. We almost gave it to Casey for his birthday, but decided that it was too young for him. The kids also rode bumper cars for the first time, had a cook out over a fire, and in general enjoyed themselves in Hickory--like always.

The drive home tonight was rough. We were nearly, very, very nearly in a car accident on the drive home. The weather was awful, and visibility was only about twenty feet. Cars started peeling off, and going off the road to avoid the accident that happened seconds before. It was pretty scary. All in all five cars were involved, but no one was hurt. It was one of those surreal moments, and I'm just grateful that we didn't hit anyone. The roads were really slick from the rain. And the road conditions got worse from there. There was a tornado siting in that area, and we are under a watch now. I'm sure we'll be fine, but it's not any fun driving in that kind of rain.

Later on, we're going to head to the beach. Just a day trip, and then the Easter bunny should come. Really it should be a lot of fun! I hope you guys all have a great week!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I am really glad you are okay. enjoy yourself with kids at Grandma's