Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter!

Rob had Good Friday off, and seemed quite miffed that I didn't. But we still had a great time this weekend. Rob looked around for things to do on Friday, since we knew Saturday was going to be rainy all day. We ended up eating lunch at the Farmer's Market and then heading out to look at the old Yates Mill Park, which had the mill closed for renovations and ended up being rather a short trip. The kids (who had been there with school) insisted that the Oak View Farm was better and suggested we go there too. So we did. It was nice, the kids got to feed the goats and we looked at old buildings and a cotton field.

We had our Easter baskets on Saturday, and the kids got hammocks and candy, which is mostly gone. Yikes!  It was a really rainy day. Really rainy, but we did dye eggs and chill. Caleb woke up at 4:00 am, but Beth made him stay in the room with her until it was light out at 6:30. I am so grateful for that!  Needless to say , we had some crazy cranky kids around 6:00 pm on Saturday. Cranky!

Eater was nice yesterday. Everyone was pretty mellow and Rob managed to hang the hammocks on the patio. So the kids got a chance to enjoy them.  It was nice to have a day that focused more on the spiritual part of Easter.

My favorite quote of the week was from Beth. She told me. "Mom, I'm still a kid inside this body of mine. I like to do kid things."  Which made me happy.

This week's a bit crazy. Today is FHE, and is the easiest night of the week. Tomorrow, I've got Running club for the kids, parent teacher's conference for Jacob and a temple trip that are all scheduled for approximately the same time. Wednesday is Pack Meeting, which is stressful more for Rob, but still I have to get the whole family there, plus I have to pick up Beth from her field trip later than normal, which means picking up the boys from school. And then Thursday Beth has a band concert and the boys are headed to a father son camp out. I've been looking at this week for the last several wondering how we are going to survive it, but I think we'll manage.

Have a great week!

No comments: