Sunday, April 6, 2014

Spring Break!

So, it's occurred tome that if I had a smart phone, I may actually be able to post pictures of the activities we did each week. But at the same time, I shake enough now that I don't know that any of them would actually ever be in focus. I'm glad that Rob's a photographer. It really takes the pressure off me.

On Monday, I took the kids ice skating. It was a lot of fund. They got going like old pros and had a blast the entire time that we there. It was so col in the rink and so warm outside. It was surreal. And we were all bundled up on the way to the rink and got a few strange looks--walking around with mittens and hats on in 70 degree weather.

On Tuesday, we went to Pullen Park, and got to hang out with our friends the Greenwoods. It was fun. Jacob got to practice his parkour. (He wants to take classes.) And Beth loved catching up with Brynn.

On Wednesday, we went to Bond Park, for a short time. The kids had fun, but the park was super crowded with really little kids. I think the park is more crowded because it was the first week all year that's been consistently warm and dry enough to spend some significant time outside.

On Thursday, we took it easy. (Thank Goodness!) And I was able to get some work done. The kids still had a good day. And Friday we went to Hickory for the weekend. The kids have had fun playing with their cousins, taking a quick dip in the lake and hanging out in (and fighting over) the hammock.

Spring break made me realize, I need to get a plan together to get things done over the summer. We will work it out though.

I've really enjoyed conference this weekend. I particularly liked the talk that Elder Oaks gave in the Priesthood session. Some of the talks made me worry for kids. The fact that it is not going to get easier and the chasm is getting wider. But my kids were born with strong personalities, and they have a strong sense of right and wrong. They are much better than I am at explaining our beliefs and standing up for themselves.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Sounds like you had a fun time.
Love,Nana