Monday, April 14, 2014

April, April, April!

This is a day late because I had one of those really tired days yesterday. I  made it to church and a meeting, but sort of dragged the rest of the day. I never sleep very well close to a full moon. It makes me want tin vest in some blackout curtains, but then I know I wouldn't wake up well.

On the news front at home. Not much to report. It's spring and the yellow pollen has covered everything. The cars are tinged yellow, as are the roads. The bees are back, and seem to love hanging around our front door for some reason. The kids all make running dashes in and out of the house going as fast as they can.

Beth is gearing up for her spring concert this next week. She is loving the clarinet, but not her teacher as much. She's made a lot of progress, and I'm really proud of her. She's adjusted to the early mornings for the most part, and seems to be doing well at school. She got new electives this quarter and she's in a class where she's the only sixth grader. She's a bit nervous about it, but seems to be doing okay with it.

Caleb had a castle project that he had to do. He chose the Caldwell Castle and wrote a report on it. Then he built a model and took it to school. He did a great job, but I think he was relieved when everything was finished. He's also really enjoying the clarinet and plans on taking it again next year.

Jacob is his happy self. He will come to me and say that he is bored, but we are working on that. He loves video games, and any games and will spend hours playing. He played Infamous Second Son the past few weeks. (Rob was playing it too separately.) Jacob got ahead of Rob, and didn't have anyone to turn to to find out how to get through the tricky parts. He managed to beat the game and then started telling Rob how to beat things and he's really good at figuring out the puzzles. He's also has the patience to keep going and not throw the controller when he gets frustrated. He also beat Rob when they played chess this week. Rob said that he got trounced and Jacob was working two or three moves ahead of him. Jacob said, "Well Dad, I was looking at the whole board, you weren't."

It's been a great week, with fitting everything in that needed to get done. I'm so grateful for the Lord's hand in my life. I've felt it a lot more lately, and I can tell that the Lord has guided us so that we get the experiences we need as a family.

Have a great week!

No comments: