Sunday, August 3, 2008

Getting Over the Awful Week



A little news first. I had a miserable week, a week ago. I ended up losing one of my blogging jobs. One of my good friends moved away (Of course I'm happy for them). And I had yet another medical scare all in a week. Things are resolving themselves. I ended up with an infection instead of a tumor. I'm looking at the lay off as a good chance for me to grow and do the things I want to.

The kids are doing pretty well. Although bedtime is miserable for everyone. They are still not asleep. And it just keeps getting later and later. Although they do get up by about 8:00 every day. So I don't get it. They are super cranky some days. It must be the Ghost Hunters that Rob is letting them watch.









We are trying to keep their room much cleaner. I wanted to show you the before and after pictures, assuming that we cleaned it in one day. But we were almost finished, and then I went to make dinner, and it got worse again. Finally, three days later, it really got cleaned up. Here is the after picture.

Jacob is on a little kick on choosing his own clothes. He likes to step into whatever he ends up giving me. So he will wear a lot of shirts as skirts. Here is a picture:  Sometimes he wears layers and layers. It really is cute.

On a side note: I went to the Breaking Dawn release party. It was fun, but honestly my group was probably the oldest one there. We had t-shirts and everything. Kind of silly. It was fun, like I was back in high school, just for the fun part of it--or maybe college, since I like college better. Here's some pics of it.  And yes I finished the book. And man, I didn't know what to think. Still don't. I'll get back to ya on my opinion of it. Some of it really bothered me and still does, some of it really bothered me and doesn't anymore, and a few things I liked. I could wish for a bit more action though.


No comments: