Monday, September 1, 2008

Uk,Uk Boost!

Today we had a wonderful family home evening lesson. We ended it with a few games, ring around the rosie, and Duck, Duck Goose. Jacob was enthralled by the games, and kept on wanting to play. When it was Caleb's turn to play he would go around, Duck, Duck, Duck, Boost! And run screaming hysterically. I was getting the biggest kick out of it.

Then Jacob was chosen. He got the walking around the circle and hitting people thing. But even better he was saying uk, uk, uk, uk, uk for several trips. He never did say goose, and continued to go around the circle even when we let someone else go. I was so happy that he said anything--since getting him to speak is one of our biggest goals.

Anyway--we have a new game at our house--"UK, UK, Boost!" You can join us anytime!

3 comments:

Taliatha said...

Good for Jacob! "Uk, uk" definitely counts as speech.

Side note: today Paul fell and cut his lip and to cheer him up I told him a story about Caleb coming to visit us on a flying elephant. Then Mallory said "Jacob!" as if to say "what about Jacob?" So I had Jacob riding on the elephant's trunk. But my point is she still remembers Jacob and Caleb and all of you.
Good luck with Jacob's speech, and lots of love!!!

Gail said...

I love reading about the happenings at your house Mim. What fun! I can just see them running around the circle.Keep on sharing.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Jacob talked I love Mim Musings