Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Free Cone Day

So quite honestly, I am only posting since I am procrastinating doing what I should be doing. But today was free cone day at Ben and Jerry's. We've attended every year since we moved to Cary. I wish we had a camera phone because the Jacob was so messy. So very, very messy. He wouldn't let me lick his drips. After I licked Caleb's drips for him, Jacob proceeded to lecture me for about five minutes on the fact that I shouldn't lick his cone. He consisted of grunts, stern looks, and the word mine intermingled with it all. In the mean time chocolate ran down is arm, and pooled on his knee. This mess upset Jacob and he smeared the it on his leg.

It was down his arm, and his leg, and the sidewalk where he was sitting was covered in chocolate drips. It also dripped on me, my arms and my pants. Somehow though, it didn't drip on his clothes. The entire time Jacob was eating he was scolding me--I think he could tell that I was cringing inside just thinking of picking him up.

As always there were the interestingly odd entertainers to help those who were standing in line. For some reason we didn't have to wait at all, we just walked in the door, but Caleb enjoyed watching the odd hula hoop dancer and the two jugglers after we had finished.

Gotta Love Free Cone Day!

2 comments:

Gail said...

You'll have to take a camera with you next time. That's so funny! Glad you have made it a family tradition.

Anonymous said...

Jacob knows waht is his.
Nana