Thursday, April 2, 2009

Weasels

So I was mean and woke the kids up on April Fools' Day by telling them it had snowed outside and that school was canceled (no points for creativity, I know). Don't worry, I didn't wait long to shout out "April Fools!" Beth was so excited about tricking her brother Caleb that she didn't even seem bothered that she would still need to go to school.

So she crept up to Caleb and after staring at his face for a moment, asked him why he had little pink dots all over his face. "Must be chicken pox," she said.

Caleb, unlike most kids, who would become rather troubled over the possibility of having such an ailment, instead continued to look unconcerned. He smiled and said, "No, Beth. The black marks are chicken pox. The little red ones are weasels." He looked up at me and sort of shrugged, "Yes. I have weasels."

Uh oh, I don't remember him getting a vaccine for that.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hehehhe! That's awesome.

Gail said...

Laughed out loud at that one... Go Caleb!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Caleb. Beth I think you got fooled.
Nana