Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Weekly Report!

I posted midweek, so that there isn't very much to say. But that said I have big news! At least I think it's big.

Beth has really improved her reading skills lately. Growing by leaps and bounds. And she is reading her first chapter book, completely independently. And she understands it and she sounds out the big hard words. And I'm so proud. In fact, she didn't want to go out and play until she finished her chapter. I've been waiting for this day to come!

Caleb did really well at Stake Conference today. I mean really well, he was quiet, and drew pictures and didn't run laps around the church, or act up for the whole two hours! Wish I could say the same about the other two, but it was better than I thought it would be overall! Yeah!

Jacob had his second speech evaluation. This is the first real test since he started speech therapy. They needed to document his progress. Great news is that he scored completely normal for his age. His speech comprehension perfectly matched his age. Normal scores go from 80-115 and he scored 98. His attempts at speech scored a bit lower, but still within normal range, but she gave him credits for his speech attempts. The pronunciation test he scored lowest on. She said that this was all in line with signs of Childhood Apraxia. So the diagnosis is still holding. What is most important to me is the progress that I'm seeing. It's awesome how much he is picking up and how fast he is doing it!

Rob and I are doing pretty well. Rob's the second counselor in the Elder's Quorum now, and he is going to be very busy! But I think it will be a great way to feel more involved in the ward. I think it will be good for him. So yeah him!

That's about it. Have a great week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What chapter book is Beth reading?
Nana

Rich said...

ahh, congrats on the 2nd counselor move Rob! I must have missed that at church.

Rob said...

Uh, thanks (I think) =)

Gail said...

Way to go Beth! I can see the difference in Jacob also in his speech.I was surprised at how well he did on the phone Sunday.