Saturday, May 30, 2009

Book Update

It's been awhile since I updated my book list, never fear I have still been reading. If I don't read then I am not happy. So read I must, must, must!


30. City of Glass by Cassandra Clare (Awesome book, great ending to the series that I loved)

31. Confessions of a completely Insane Mother

32. Contentment: Inspiring Thoughts for LDS Mothers

33. Love at First Click

34. Love on Cue

35. Some Cupid Chronicles Book (wasn't bad, but I already turned it in and I don't want to look it up)

36. Wings by Aprilynne Pike(she debuted on the NY Times bestseller list--fun book to read. It's the first in a series)

37. Graceling by Kristin Cashore This is a beautiful book. I can't wait to read other books by her. Big smiles!

38. I Captured the Castle-- enjoyable book recommended heavily by lots of family and friends, and I finally got around to reading it. I enjoyed it.

I think that's it--but I have been reading--I reread the Twilight series, because I was trying to figure out how to cut the I out of my first person novel--and I also reread Hunger Games for the same reason. I got three new books at the library, plus I'm super excited about a book that comes out in two weeks. --Don't Judge a Girl by her Cover.


Other random news--I'm headed to a writer's conference next week. I'm excited and hopeful. My novel is nearly done I do believe.

Also Karen sent me a website that tests your reading speed. Naturally I went to it. I read faster than normal to do it, but I averaged about 950. It's not like I can bring that fact up in polite conversation, but being a fast reader (and Rob likes to argue that I'm not a careful reader) is something I've always been secretly proud of. But it can't go on a resume or anything. And I figure you're only reading this far into the post because you like to read to--otherwise excuse my stupidty in sharing otherwise useless information!

I'm going to have to pick up the pace if I'm going to hit 100 New books this year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay so I took the reading test and got 340 but I do love to read and I am at am age where I read for enjoyment the majority of the time. I will have Dad take it and see where he is.

Rob W. said...

That speed reading site is really cool! I hate having to search and search for free tools like that all the time.