Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween and No Pictures

Sadly we somehow made it without taking a single picture, everyone forgot their cameras. So you will not see Beth dressed as a witch or Caleb as Darth Vader (plus you'd miss the breathing sound effects he made when he put on the mask), and Jacob as some captain storm trooper from one of the movies. (I thought he was just a storm trooper until some guy in his twenties came up and said you are Captain Blank something blank from episode blank). Who knew? Definitely not me.

We went to Hickory for Halloween. There was a Halloween carnival in the afternoon, and then we went trick or treating in a neighborhood. It was pretty fun until it started drizzling. Then I was ready to go home, but the kids had a lot of fun. Caleb refused to go to doors with skeletons or masks. Jacob had a hard time keeping up, but he wanted to walk most of the time, and said Trick or Treat very clearly the entire time. He was too cute.

We did go to one house that was playing loud Halloween music and they had two monsters on the porch. They had decorated the foyer with lots of silhouettes of scary things. The guy handing out candy was in a Freddy mask. Jacob was brave and went up to the door. But the guy in the mask (an adult no less) got right in his face and growled at him. Honestly I wasn't impressed. Sure they went to a lot of work, and sure it was nice. But really where do you draw the line? Halloween is about scaring people, but not two year old kids.

Tonight was Math and Science night at school. Beth entered the Egg Drop contest. She and Rob came up with some design with a parachute and a balloon landing area. It took several hours to hunt up the pieces and to assemble it all. At the end Beth said that she was going to make it next year with help from me. (Rob got a little stressed and possibly demanding.)

Well the egg drop worked, but Beth didn't get her certificate because Caleb broke the egg on the way to get the certificate. Some of the kids said that Beth's looked the coolest. It was pretty. Rob wanted to get a picture of it, but we didn't have time before we got there, and then we had to throw it away because of the broken egg. So you missed a very interesting egg drop thing.

Caleb has been requesting some pretty interesting things. On the list this week: motorcylce, iPhone, and laptop computer.
Rob has been letting him play with his DS. He has referred to is as a GTS, CTR and the thing with lots of letters. It is very fun to hear him trying to describe it.

We are starting potty training Jacob in the morning. Should be an exciting and messy week!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sure Freddy. He oughta be spanked scaring a 2 year old like that.

Hope Jacob wasn't too traumatized.

Glad you guys had fun!!

Julie said...

It sound like you had a great time. I am sad not to have pictures though Nana & Papa from far away really loose out! Also we would have liked to see Beths egg thing. It sounds like she and Rob did a great job. Is that Caleb's Christmas list? Good luck with potty training. Love you all

Rob said...

I feel bad for not taking photos. It was a hectic weekend and as soon as I realized I had left the cameras at home, I felt pretty bummed. Sorry we didn't get photos of the egg drop before we had to pop the balloons and throw it away. I planned on bringing it home and taking pictures, but Caleb insisted on busting the egg no matter what. I figured it would be better not to bring a busted egg home. I'll try to get some photos to you soon. I have taken some. I just have no time anymore to get them uploaded.

Gail said...

Good News Julie.I have pictures! Karen got a few here and I took some in Cary of them dressed up before the ward Trunk or Treat. I'll post them on Face Book or have Karen send them to Rob to put on this blog.
That's funny about Caleb. He told me on the phone he had been playing with his GPS.I knew what he meant.(:
I can see Rob all stressed over the egg thing....he gets way too serious over stuff....maybe a bit of his dad in him.Hope you had some fun with it.

Julie said...

Good luck with potty training! Sounds like a fun Halloween. ;)