Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Career Change

We are moving to a new apartment! Hooray, more space, and better other stuff! At least we're hoping. Anyway the past few weeks we've been hunting and we decided on our new place and finalized it today. When I told the kids they were okay. Then we had this conversation.

Caleb: "But Mom I thought we were moving to Hickory." (As far as I know this wasn't one of the options.)

Me: "It'd be nice to leave near Grandma, but Dad wouldn't have a job there."

Caleb: "But I want to live in Hickory."

Me: "Do you know a job Dad could do?"

Caleb: "He could kill deer."

Beth: "Killing deer isn't a job, it's a hobby."

Me: "Do you think Daddy could kill deer? He only went hunting once and decided he didn't like it."

Beth: "I don't like it when animals get hurt."

Me: "It's okay if you need the meat though."

Beth: "But Pap doesn't need the meat."

Me: "Yes he does. But that's one reason why we've talked about going vegetarian. It's better for the animals."

Beth: "I don't want to give up meat. I don't care if they kill chickens. They're stupid."

Me: "What about cows?"

Beth: "Cows are just big and stupid. They aren't cute like deer."


What a conversation. The boys had no opinion on killing the deer. I think they'd just rather shoot the guns. Have a great day!

4 comments:

Gail said...

Sooooooooo Funny.Eldon & I had a good laugh. I guess when they hear that Pap has gone hunting all the time....they figure he must have that job.I agree with Beth. Chickens are stupid.:D

Julie said...

Yay on the upcoming move! I know you' like to have a bit more space- I hope that it will be a good change. :)

Maybe Rob could be a butcher and kill chickens and cows??? hee hee

I couldn't, but somebody's got to, because they are DELICIOUS! ;)

Rich said...

hahaha!

Cecily said...

If you need help packing or de-childing the house for a few hours, call me!