Monday, January 18, 2010

A fun birthday!

We took the kids to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate Jacob's birthday. He had a ton of fun and so did everyone else. Only one more birthday party to go and that's this weekend. As I type the words I feel myself going into panic mode, but I know that it will work out. They all have. And then I'll be done for another eleven months. Great! A few months of of stress is easier than having it spread out all over the place.

The kids are restless today. I took them to the park to let them run out their energy, but they wanted to leave in just a few minutes. Then we came home and they are all over each other. Not happy. They play well for about ten minutes and then start fighting again. It could have something to do with the interrupted sleep from the drive home late last night. I'm looking forward to school starting again though! I can make it to tomorrow.

Beth has fallen in love with the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. She stayed up late all last week reading, reading reading. She's currently working on designing her own book. I'm happy. Reading is officially fun, which means I've got a reader on my hands. (I hope that it will continue past these books. I think it will as her confidence keeps growing.)

Caleb had a field trip at the Science Museum. Jakey and I spent the time he was in a class riding the escalator. That's right we rode up and down the escalators for an hour. I was very ready to leave, but the boys both had a great time. And I'm glad. Caleb is growing up so fast, and I think he is so very ready to go to kindergarten. He's all excited to do practice sheets in the books I have.

Jacob has decided he won't wear diapers anymore. So Potty training here we come. I don't know why I've been so reluctant. You think I'd be looking forward to no more diapers ever. You think, but the week of work isn't so much fun. He's doing better with a successful poop on the potty over the weekend. Jacob will be potty trained soon.

Rob had a successful debut in Hickory. It matched the Apex debut. Now they just need to find a distributer and his years of hard work will have paid off. The kids were restless at the premiere on Saturday, so I spent it running around the church. It's okay though, as Caleb told me I've got the whole thing memorized.

Writing is getting back on track and things are looking up. Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds like the kids are doing well. I do hope that rob and Greg can find a distbrutor soon. They should look at Seagull book or Desert book. Love you all, Nana

Gail said...

Good luck with Jacob and the potty training.