Sunday, April 15, 2012

Carowinds

Wow! What a week. it flew by. We got home from the beach onTuesday and the kids went to school for three days and then we headed to Carowinds. For once, I was grateful that I hadn't quite gotten the suitcases put away, though I did manage to get the laundry done by the time we left again. I was tired before we left and I'm tired now that I'm home again. But the kids had a good time overall and that was the point.

Sadly no pictures. I need to get me one of those fancy camera phone things and catch up with the rest of the world technology wise. Then maybe I could add some pictures to my posts.

The kids had report cards this week. And they were almost identical. 3s and 3 stars in the same subjects. Caleb and Beth had different comments regarding their behavior. One teacher wanted my child to speak up more and the other one didn't quite have anything positive to say behavior wise. Parent teacher conferences are coming up and I'm making Rob go with me. I think I'm done being patient and nice and he's there so I don't fly off of the handle. Why would a child getting 3s and 3 Stars (These are equivalent to As and Bs) be cited for poor work habits? Obviously the said child is doing the stinking work. If the child is misbehaving then mark the child down in behavior, which didn't happen.

Okay done with my rant and on to the fun.

Carowinds was a blast for the kids. Beth and Caleb rode some crazy roller coasters and had some fun. Caleb was tall enough to add two new coasters to his regimen and Beth was short enough that she didn't have to talk her dad out of making her ride the really scary roller coasters. The look of relief on her face was comic. Jacob was not very brace this trip, but he had fun riding all of the kiddie rides throughout the park, and eating Skittles at the end of the day. He also got a Ninja sword as a souvenir and instantly went into Ninja Assassin mode. He can slink hide, and wield his sword like a pro. His imagination is awesome and half of the time he is playing a game or practicing his moves in his own little world.

Caleb got a ball from Carowinds, and he proved that he has mad ball handling skills as he showed how he can dribble under his leg. He is also an excellent jump roper. He can criss cross, jump really high and do other tricks I could only ever dream of doing. Beth had a grand time with Chloe as always.

Rob and I are both hanging in there being busy and being parents. I wish there were a few more hours in the day so I could fit in everything that I want to. I need to learn to find a better balance in my life.

Take Care!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Go forth be brave and say what really needs to bsaid at prent teacher conference.