Sunday, April 1, 2012

Conference Weekend

Spring break started on Friday, which means that I've officially slept in three days in a row. I switched my tutoring to a 10:00 pm to 12:00 am shift which works much better for me. This has been nice. Spring break will be a good chance for me to see if I can keep up my current work schedule with the kids at home. Currently I tutor two hours a night five days a week, I work as a search engine evaluator between ten and twenty hours a week, and I write for two different websites and three different private clients (the amount of writing really varies depending on the client's current needs). It does mean that I haven't been working on my writing the way that I've been wanting to.

So far for Spring break we went to a park, which ended in a nothing fight in the car on the way home. Our last trip to the park, the fight happened in the park. I was embarrassed because other ward members were at the park and they got to witness my children utterly melt down, which came as a shock to me. Normally they are happy when we go to the park.

Yesterday was General Conference, and the kids played conference bingo and did great for the morning session. The afternoon session was okay, but by the end they were going stir crazy, so we went for a walk, and it worked. The boys both fell asleep about an hour after we got home.

Around midnight last night we had a killer thunderstorm blow through. Hail, and wind and some thunder, not much though. We looked outside and tree limbs (more like little branches) were blowing by, so we brought the kids downstairs as a precaution. I'd say we got about an inch of hail. The hail was bigger and there was more of it than when we had the tornado scare last year. I didn't think anything more about the storm once it was over, until this morning when we went out for a walk between conference. The roads are covered in leaves and debris from the hail storm. I think it may have damage a lot of the trees, and any fruit trees may not produce a lot this year.

Conference has been really good so far. Each session has had at least one talk that really hit home with me. I've managed to fight off the sleepy feeling that hits somewhere in the middle, but I don't know if I'll make it through the last session. I'm so grateful that the Internet makes it so much easier to access all of this information and review it.

The kids have grand plans for Spring break, which involve a birthday party for Jacob, reading a book for Beth and playing with water and painting by Caleb. It's going to be a fun week.

Hope you all have a great one!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds fun!

Julie said...

You are so busy! Hope the kids are kind to you for the rest of the week! It's no fun when they meltdown in front of people, but it happens to all of us. :)