Sunday, April 22, 2012

Turn Your Brain Into Mush

This weekend we went to the new wing of Museum of Natural Sciences. All I can say is wow. It is very well designed, and the exhibits are great, a lot of hands on stuff that you can really explore in depth. It's a great resource for science projects, and home schooled people, and I'm sure classes that get to visit.

The one downside to going this weekend was that it officially opened on Friday. And it was crowded. And hot. I'm sure that the heat had to do with the fact that there were way too many people in the museum. I'm excited to take the kids back on a different day and spend some time exploring the exhibits and the hands on stuff.

The coolest thing by far was that Beth got to try out an operating robot machine thing. She used the controls to manipulate the tools, and completed that task at a 100 percent accuracy. There were also some more displays about the human body, which she is super excited to go back and explore. I wanted to hang out in the weather center but it was too crowded. They boys had fun in the space exhibit and collecting things to put in their bags to bring home. I think Rob had a good time too.

The rest of the week has been pretty good. Beth discovered she likes taking long, very long showers. I'm not looking forward to seeing the water bill in the next month. We may need to have her on a timer. I remember when my dad installed low flow shower heads, and how hard it was to rinse off using them. I'm not entirely convinced they helped save money because the showers seemed to get longer. Still with three teenager girls in the house, you do have to take drastic steps. I don't think we are there yet.

Jacob was sitting upstairs with Rob and I today. Rob said something about his job and Jacob pipes up. "My job is turn my brain into mush."

Rob and I both looked at each other, and Rob said, "Did you say turn your brain into mush?"

Jacob "Yeah, I need to turn into a zombie."

Over and out, I'll let you know about Jacob's mush/zombie progress next week!

1 comment:

Julie said...

The museum sounds greatmoree like Cozi in Ohio and Ombi in Portan OR.