Sunday, March 23, 2008

Thoughts on turning 30

So a little over a week ago, I hit the big 30. In a lot of ways it wasn't as bad as I thought. But I thought I would share thirty little known things about me and 30.

1- I went clothes shopping last week, looking for professional clothes for said possible job. And I didn't know what section to shop in. I'm no longer a junior--wouldn't look right in those clothes anyway. I don't feel like I belong in the ladies (old ladies) department. And the misses department just confused me. Truth is I haven't been clothes shopping in so long that I turned around and left without buying anything.

2- One reason I haven't been clothes shopping in so long is that I'm about 30 pounds more than I want to be, and it is a way that I can deny that. Truthfully that is why.

3- I got new glasses for my birthday--well not really for my birthday, but they came at about the same time. I have a negative 6.75 and7.25 prescription. Something I didn't know until this week. Rob just told me that they are semi old women glasses!

4- I've always been afraid that my body would begin to fall apart at this age. Strangely enough when I woke up that day--everything was still the same.

5-I don't think I can come up with thirty things about me. Hmm, maybe I lost myself somewhere between 5 and 30. I might change the list to ten!

6- I am currently rereading Harry Potter, for the thirtieth time. (Honestly I don't know how many, but I probably read the series three times a year--you do the math) Love the books. I want to write something as good someday.

7- I love that my birthday is in Spring. It's time to get out the shorts, buy new clothes and shiver outside as I wear them. Love the 30 percent off sales celebrating spring!

8- Chocolate. I love chocolate. I will choose chocolate over any food. I probably ate close to 30 pieces of chocolate this weekend.

9- I kind of planned on being done having kids at thirty, but we are still trying to decide on a fourth. Hey I've still got eleven months to fit her in!

10- of my list of thirty one things I want to do in my life. I've completely accomplished one--leaving me thirty to go!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday! and I know what you mean about clothes shopping. I especially hate trying things on.

Julie said...

Yay Mim has a blog! I love reading your writing, because it is so much like getting to talk with you in real life. :)

We will work out a plan to get together this Summer- we're just waiting to hear about Rob's work.