Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Yipee! I have a tumor!

Technically it is a hemangioma, and it is next to my T9-T11 vertebrae. Basically it isn't bad, just there. No reason to worry about it.

Now the reason I'm excited about having this tumor thing is that initially we thought I might have multiple sclerosis. The tumor was/is causing problems with tingling and numbness and pain. The weird thing is that it wraps all the way around me, and the only thing even remotely close is called the ms hug, because it is a big sign of ms. So I finally got up the courage (after about three months) and went into the neurologist. And she even said that there was a good chance it could be MS. But today I found out definitely not! Yeah! Hooray! Yes! That would have been a scary path to start down.

I'll head back to my usual work and such, but I just had to share my happiness, though I really didn't tell anyone about my worry.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Miriam!! I am so glad to hear that you are okay and so MIFFED at you for not sharing your worry! Now I'm just going to worry about you in general, in case there is something wrong that you aren't telling me.

See all the unnecessary worry you are putting me through?!?!

Seriously though, I am thrilled to hear that you are okay. :)