Sunday, November 23, 2008

Catching Up!

Scroll on down, because I've done a lot of back photos and updates. I've been taking pictures now that I've got my camera back, but I got out of the habit of posting, so we'll see if I can fix that.

Things are going well for the most part. Same old, same old. Caleb is starting croup as we speak, so that's not too good. It's going to be a long night. I hope that we can avoid the emergency room this time. Jacob is doing good, but still sleepy. I plan on taking him in for it this week--probably when I take Caleb in to get him on the steroids for croup! What a Thanksgiving we are going to have. 

So maybe, I'm not that positive on the whole sickness thing right now--I feel like I'm coming down with something too. Dizzy, extremely tired, and a constant nagging headache for three days. But we muddle on right.

On the upside, the kids were fairly well behaved in church today. Beth had fun at her first roller skating birthday party--this brought back so many memories to me. My fifth grade roller skating birthday party. Roller skating in sixth grade, Cyndi Lauper, roller skating in Orem--thanks Suzanne--and, well never mind that last one--you don't want to know it.

Caleb is doing well, other than the croup thing. He's enjoying Joyschool more, which is a plus. He loves comic books--but I'm not allowed to read them to him. He will sit and look at the drawings for hours. Spiderman is his favorite, but he just got a Hulk one from Beth's book fair.

Jacob is noisy! I'm so excited. I've caught him practicing words, and sounds over and over. He has also started coming up to me and telling me entire sentences about things (babble), but still he is trying to communicate. There is a greater sense of understanding as well. If I'm talking about something with someone else, he will come up and demonstrate through his actions or bringing me an object that he knows what I'm talking about. He is also the sweetest kid around, so many smiles, and hugs and happiness. He's a mama's boy. The other kids liked their dad more at this age, so I'm eating it up.




1 comment:

Rich said...

I love your kids.. they are just fun to be around.