Sunday, November 2, 2008

I Got My Camera! And Happy Halloween!

Well, for Halloween we went to Trunk or Treat and then over to Greg and Heather's to see their spectacular Halloween exhibit. It was a lot of fun, and we collected my camera as well. But I still don't have pictures. Heather was kind enough to email me some Halloween pictures, but my gmail account isn't working. Check back in a day or two. Rob also has some Halloween pics on his camera, but it will awhile till he gets them up. He's busy scanning drawings and editing.

Beth was a mermaid. She wanted to be Hannah Montana, but settled on a mermaid, when I didn't quite make it to the store for a costume. I have a thing where I don't like wigs--Rob on the other hand loves them. So he should have been the one who went shopping. For Caleb's various Halloween parties he was Superman, a frog, and a dog. The dog was actually on Halloween. He didn't want to wear a costume, but I told him we would stay home without one, so he picked the dog--I think he was a dog (the same one) two years ago. Jacob was Superman twice.

We went to the trunk or treat, and ended up helping (setting up by ourselves) the tables for the Chili Cook Off. The other volunteers didn't show. But we had a few scary moments when Caleb let Jacob out of the building and we couldn't find him. Fortunately a helpful Primary child followed him around outside and didn't let him go in the road. My heart was pounding as Rob and I ran around outside in an utter panic.

The kids had a lot of fun trick or treating in a real neighborhood after we saw the stuff at Greg and Heather's. It was fun. And then Saturday they were so sugared up! But I've managed to steal and hide all of the candy, which will be dealt out as treats for completing chores, homework and other odious tasks. 

Yesterday was Cary Band Day. I was so excited to have my camera back in time for this exciting day, and then I left it at home. Oops.  Rob marched in band for one year--he says he didn't like--which he must not have since he quit. And I was in Guard (colorguard) for three years, and so the band geek in me comes shining through this time every year. We went to the parade in the morning, and then to competitions in the afternoon. We got to see the 3A class and then the kids had had enough. Unfortunately, Stake Conference coincided with the evening competition--the best bands to watch--and we came home for that. Sigh--this is the second time it has happened, and I want to go to the competition--dang it!

But I heard some stuff I needed to at Stake Conference, so I'm glad that I went, but still!

The kids are doing well. Beth's out of school for two days. I think I'm going to take all the kids to vote with me on Tuesday. I may take the camera. It should be fun. Beth wants to post some toothless pictures, plus she got a cute haircut. So come back and I'll have Halloween pictures and some other pictures too.

Have a great week.

1 comment:

Taliatha said...

I'm glad Beth wasn't Hannah Montana. It seems silly to dress up for Halloween as a fairly normal looking girl. There was a girl at Jane's girl scout party dressed as Hannah Montana, and it took me a while to realize she was even in costume. The picture of Hannah on the front clued me in.