Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Catch Up!

First I want to mention that I've added Rob to the blog. This is a result of him sneaking on and posting under my name. I think it will be good because he can link to his pics, which are always better, and maybe talk a bit about his stuff, and views. Our blog name is kind of cheesy, but oh well. That's us Caldwells! Maybe when Beth is a bit older we'll add her too.

So it has been a little hectic this week. First we went up to Hickory to celebrate Jacob's second birthday. Rob's promised to post pics, and a link to the pics soon, very soon. It was great. Jacob was so excited and tried to blow out his candles. He is my happy little guy who loves to cuddle and give hugs. He is super sweet, and has the best puppy dog eyes and pouty face in the world. I'm so happy that he is part of our family. He is still in speech, and I think it is helping. He's still too young to diagnose definitively, but the speech therapist has talked about the possibility of Apraxia. We'll see what happens.

Wonderful news--it snowed. Just this weekend, I was talking to Rob about how much I'd love one big snowstorm for the kids. And it happened. It's the first real snow since we've moved to Raleigh. It started snowing at midnight on Monday, and didn't stop until three or four on Tuesday. A good four inches. We had fun running around, and throwing snowballs. The snow wouldn't pack for a snowman. Beth loved just watching out of the window, when I told her we wouldn't go out for awhile. Then we had hot chocolate afterwards. You can see the video below.

This weekend is Caleb's birthday. He is celebrating Batman style, since there were no Spiderman invitations at Target. Funny thing about Caleb is he loves comic books. The ones by Marvel. They have them at the library, and he will check out a few each trip. The thing is that he won't let me read them out loud to him. He just likes to flip through them by himself.

My sad news is that my laptop's motherboard is going out, the ram that is sautered to it has gone bad. The repair would cost $700.00, and a new Mac Mini is $600.00, but we'd lose the laptop. So sad, and frustrating. I'm scared to write anything in case it freezes on me. So I've had a rough few days.

Rob got to stay home yesterday and play with the kids. He had a lot of fun. He is almost done with his video project. I am so excited. It is really good.

Well that's it for now!

1 comment:

Taliatha said...

Wow! That's real snow. How fun! Jacob is so cute--they all are of course.