Sunday, July 5, 2009

Dad When You Were a Hobo . . .

Caleb has had quite a few profound statements the last week.

Conversations:

Caleb: Dad, are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Dad: No, what are you thinking?

Caleb: I think you should buy more Mickey Mouse ties.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - -- - - - -

Caleb (to Grandma Great (Rob's grandmother)) taking her by the hand: What's wrong with your arm? It's all liney.

Moment of Silence

Grandma Great: It's an old woman's arm.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Caleb to Rob's Mom: Grandma how did Dad get to be your son?

Moment of silence, while everyone ponders how deep to go with the answer

Caleb: Oh, I know you took care of him when he was a baby.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --

My favorite (We were passing a panhandler in the car, and Rob offered him some food, when Beth said is that a hobo? We tried to explain the difference then . . .)

Caleb: Dad when you were a Hobo, did you get rained on?

Rob: I was never a hobo, but if I had been I would have been rained on.


That's it for this week. I love seeing the world through the eyes of a four year old.

5 comments:

Rich said...

LOL!!

Casey Something said...

How funny! I can't wait until mine are spouting off quotables.

Gail said...

Ya know, age four was when all of the important stuff happened in Rob's life. Almost all of his statements in years to follow started out with..."when I was four...." It's a BIG year...just ask Rob.

Caleb is delightful!

Unknown said...

too funny! :)

Unknown said...

These are AWESOME.