Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Fun Week

Beth and Caleb had swimming lessons this week, which meant that they got to go swimming this week. They were really happy about it. But Jacob wasn't as happy. For some reason this year, he just wouldn't get in the water. On Friday I decided to fix that, and got in my swimsuit, and went to the pool, knowing that I'd get in. At first he wanted to hold both my hands. I tried just sitting on the side, but he say "Me In, You in" very clearly meaning, if I have to get in, so do you. After a little coaxing, he began to walk by himself, around the water, then he kicked his legs and moved his arms. When Beth's lesson was over, he went and talked to her. "Coool Coool." I think he was really proud of himself. This week the lessons shouldn't be as dramatic, at least for him.

Beth and Caleb are both doing really well with their lessons. I'm proud of them.

We went and saw Harry Potter this week. It was a good movie, and I was pleased with it, except I felt gipped at the end. I love action scenes---and I'll leave it at that. Rob and I had a very long discussion about that. He had points, but I had points, and I still thing the tension would have gone up a few notches.

This week we will have more swim lessons, and it's time to buckle down with Beth and work on her match skills. She needs to be a little bit more comfortable with the subject.

Have a great summer!

No comments: