Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Very Quiet Week

Beth and Caleb spent the week at Grandma and Pap's. They had a lot fun and managed to cross some crazy activities off of their list. And they got to do things, they wouldn't have been allowed to if I were around--but that's what grandparents are for, right?

List of things they did

Treasure Hunting
Fishing
Sleeping in a tent (in the kitchen)
Playing in the creek
Swimming in the lake (twice)
Sleepovers with cousins
Trips to the science museum and library
Caleb touched a sting ray (I think he's done this before)
Picking things in the garden, lots of things.
Riding the lawn mower

The kids had lots of fun. Jacob missed them. He was really sad each morning when he woke up and they weren't there. We did fun things too. Trips to the park, and library. We also cleaned his room--I know not so fun. Jacob was so excited to see them. His entire face just lit up in a huge grin and stayed that way for a very long time! On the way home Caleb and Jacob held hands for a long time, just grinning at other. I'm glad that my kids love each other.

I'm still plugging away at my novel. I want to send it out to agents by the end of the month. Hopefully I'll be able to.

Rob is doing the same old thing. He is working four day work weeks, ten hour days (twelve with his commute) and then Fridays off. Next week he won't be dong that since he is teaching some sort of seminar to eighth graders. The schedule has been hard on him, but he says having Fridays free is worth it.

We are both looking forward to Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. It comes out this week. Unfortunately we won't make it to the midnight showing. We both really want to do that, but kids put a damper on that. But we will be seeing it this week. I've watched all five movies, and Rob is starting to watch them now. And I reread book six in honor of the event! Go Harry Potter!
J. K. Rowlings is a genius.

This next week should be fun for the kids. They will have swimming lessons, a trip to the park, and other craziness! Plus chores are starting this week!

No comments: