Monday, September 28, 2009

Short Update

Sorry this is going to be pretty short. I believe that I caught a cold at my conference. I've got a headache and I'm achey and I'm grumpy.

Kids were out of school today. We went to the park. It was a beautiful fall day. The park was so very crowded and all of the kids had fun playing with friends. Really that was great, but after about an hour I started feeling even worse, so I really am sick. But the sun did us some good.

Beth came down today. She and I had a discussion this morning about the fact that wearing purple pants and a blue sequiny top wasn't matching. She told me that it didn't matter at the park. Her friends there didn't care. But later that afternoon she came downstairs dressed in jeans with embroidery and a long shirt that came down mid thigh. She looked cute.

Beth: Mom am I dressed like a teenager?

Me: Yes you are. You look nice.

Beth: This how teenagers on t.v. dress (Thankfully Carly from iCarly dresses pretty modestly)

Me: Yes

Beth; Now I just need to get the shoes right. What kinds of shoes do teenagers wear?

Me: You are asking the wrong person.

Beth: What shoes did you wear in high school?

Me: (I'm geniunely perplexed. I really only had about one pair of shoes at a time. And I don't remember what type I wore even. I don't think they were tennis shoes, but I don't know.) I don't remember Beth.

Beth: How could you not know?

Well Beth asks Rob when he gets home and of course he has an answer. Ahh! I'm glad someone can guide my daughter to the cool shoes, because I definitely can't. I'm a comfort before fashion type of person, which you should know if you know me at all.

Caleb is doing great. He and Rob went out on a father son date and came home with a toot whistle. Yes, a whistle that makes farting noises. He's lucky it hasn't magically disappeared by now.

Jacob is doing pretty well. He's talking so much more now and will describe things to me and offer comments on situations. He's definitely contributing to the conversation instead of just mimicing. He also managed to color nearly in the lines on his own this morning. Impressive. But he also got a marker and colored outside of the lines, my front door is now red, red! I don't think a magic eraser will be able to fix it. Another favorite drawing surface is his stomach.

I went to the conference this weekend, so Rob had all the fun with the kids. The place didn't burn down (I'm just kidding, I wasn't worried about that) and they all seemed happy when I got home.

Hope your week goes well!

4 comments:

Gail said...

Sorry you are sick Mim. Hope you feel better soon. I laughed out loud at Caleb's whistle. So like him and Rob. I can just hear him giggleling about it now.

Rob said...

I decided to take him to a Hungates hobby store so he could see model rockets and stuff and as soon as I saw the fart whistle, I knew how much he would love it. It's what every four-year old needs. He blew it all the way home and giggled insanely. He couldn't wait to get home and fool Mim with it.

Unknown said...

I won't tell Parker about that whistle. hehehe. On the other hand, sounds like a great stocking stuffer! lol

Hope you are feeling better Mim!

Love the story about Beth :)

Julie said...

Tell Beth I am glad she loves to dress like a big girl. I am wrting this 2 days latter and am glad you are feeling better Mim.