Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Car Broken

Our Nissan is not working. That's Rob's car. It's old--a 1994. So it's had it's share of problems. The engine's been totally rebuilt once. The alternator has gone out once. Lots of new brakes. A new starter. 

There is an oil leak in the spark plugs--which was deemed too expensive to make the fix worth it, but now we are stuck with a broken car.

It won't start. I think it is the alternator, since the electrical equipment was acting up for Rob the last week. Maybe it's just a belt. 

So I'm sad, because I am totally stuck at home --can't run errands, and it is too cold to go for long walks to various areas around my house.

Tomorrow I'll spend all day in the car, since I need it for errands, that can't be rescheduled. So I'll drive Rob to work, and home, and that's like three hours in the car for me.

Yuck!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Where does Rob work, maybe we can carpool?

Mim said...

Durham--North Durham approximately 45 minutes away. He has to be there at 7:50. Probably won't work.

Thanks though!

Unknown said...

hmm, I have an appointment in Morrisville at 7:30 and have to leave the office early to help with Erika.

If he wants, I can give him a ride to work, but I'll have to drop him there at 7.

Call me at the house. I'll be up for a while.