Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day and Such

It's funny but ten years ago on Friday, Rob proposed to me. In a lot of the ways I think of it as the beginning of the beginning of our family. We had a fun Valentine's Day weekend. Rob and I went out and saw "Slumdog Millionaire." It was the best movie that I've seen in a long, long time. So moving, so sad, and yet so happy. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.  Saturday night we went shopping, and to Chipotle's, which was yummy, not crowded and not too expensive.

Rob made me a totally sweet video, which he will likely post on Tuesday, because he has exceeded his weekly allotment of uploading video to Vimeo. And because he doesn't want to upload it at home when he can do it at work in a fraction of the time. The kids made BYU Mint Brownies for Rob, and they are sooo good. Yum. And pink chocolate cupcakes. Pretty good, but not for my diet.

The weekend has been one of cranky kids, and too much sugar. The boys especially just can't handle candy or red dye. Since I've stopped buying fruit snacks, the kids are happier. They do okay with cake, and brownies, but straight sugar like fruit snacks, suckers or other candy just sends them over the edge. We simply don't do it anymore. I must confess that I threw away lots of candy on Saturday when they weren't paying attention.

but the weather this week was great. We went to the park. We got the car back and working so it has been good.

The speech therapist has recommended an extra day of speech therapy for Jacob. She was super sweet when she made the suggestion. She told me that Jacob was smart, but that she could see that he was having a motor planning/processing problem. Basically he probably really does have Apraxia. It's good news about the extra therapy, but I'm sad too. I just worry that things won't improve enough or that we'll have to make the decision about putting him in early intervention. I don't want him to get labeled if he can work through this. I also realized that I may just have one more year left with kids home. If Jacob does do early intervention he'd start the same year Caleb starts kindergarten. Seriously, it's breaking my heart.

On a happier note, I love the way that the kids play together and have fun. I think they are so sweet. Caleb gave his first prayer in closing exercises at Primary. He wasn't at all scared, and spoke very clearly into the microphone. Of course you couldn't see him over the podium, but what else would you expect?

Anyway have a great week!

2 comments:

Sarah Tilley said...

that's funny, ten years ago on saturday ben proposed to me. :)

Unknown said...

I heard him from the Mother's room! He did great! (And thanks for the HC comment. Good to know. Big heads are good.)