Sunday, August 23, 2009

Back to School

Summer is over. School starts back up this week, and just in time. The kids are starting to get on each other's nerves and school will provide the perfect diversion to distract them from the fighting. The summer just slipped by and I didn't accomplish half of the things I wanted to this summer. Aw well, the kids had fun, played hard and made messes, what more could they possibly want.

Beth found out her teacher and met her. She seemed nice. Beth is going to have to make all new friends this year. Sigh. But she's really good at it, so I'm sure she'll have fun. She starts on Tuesday. Tomorrow is the last big hurrah. I've got to wear her out so that she'll go to bed early.

Caleb had a near miss yesterday. He narrowly missed a concussion, but took out a hook on the wall with back of his head. Rob thinks the hook may have already been broken. Either way I think he's lucky, but not lucky enough to avoid a tetnus shot tomorrow. I asked him to get out of the closet fifteen times yesterday because he could get hurt. He'd get out, but then sneak back in. He woke up this morning feeling great though.

Jacob is getting ready to potty train. Well actually I'm getting ready to potty train. We got some big boy underwear brand new. But summer running is over, and me changing diapers is over. Jacob can do this. I know he can. He's headed down the path to being a big, big boy. We're getting ready to wean him off of his paci as well, but that's going to prove to be difficult. Two nights we haven't been able to find a paci, and Rob's frantically gone searching for them as places are closing. Jacob cries hard enough to make himself sick. Current plan is no more day time pacis with the hope that he won't need one at bedtime. Then we can pull one out in the middle of the night so that I can sleep.

Rob's schedule at work is about to get super busy. This means he has to get to work early, which means we'll start going to bed before midnight again. Lately that just hasn't been happening. I'm excited. I'm more productive if I get more sleep, silly thing really. I ought to be able to run on just a few hours of sleep. But no, that's never been me. Not even in college. The truth is (are you ready for this it is shocking) until I started dating Rob I usually went to bed about 10:00. That was during college and everything. Well, weekends have always been a little bit different. You know it wasn't uncommon to be up until 2:00 in high school or college on a good weekend. I have lots of fun stories involving Denny's and Dee's restaurant and drunk people. They sure get honory when they're kicked out of the bars. I smiled thinking back on the grilled cheese sandwiches (I was on a kick that lasted about a year) and Wisconsin Cheese soup. Oh yum, I'd love some now. That stuff was good, especially in the middle of the night. Talking in a restaurant and feeling all bad, since I was breaking curfew.

Anyway enough about my errant youth, college I wasn't so errant, but still out late, and up late. The point is that Rob is the one to blame for my messed up sleep schedule. Truly I wasn't always a night owl (because as stated earlier weekends don't count) I was more of a morning person. It's tough to be a morning person when you are up too late. Now I've thought of a blog topic for my writing blog. But I won't post it today. I'm going to let it simmer around inside of me for a bit, so I can do the best possible poetic justice to it.

All right. Gotta go. Have a great week!

1 comment:

rajagiri said...

your blog is true. what i felt was you have written. good tought my friend.